Want to subscribe to the calendar or see all events, even regularly repeating weekly ones? Go to our google calendar.
October 4 - October 5
- What do you need to have conversation with your youth/parent?
- How can you overcome obstacles and challenges to conversation in your busy day to day life?
- Parents, how can you help your child choose conversation with you? It can be risky business.
- Youth, do you know your unique contributions to conversation with your parents? The ones they desperately need.
It’s easy to lose sight of what parents and youth bring to conversation in our families.
Insights from the Ellen Martin, the author of “A Life Shared: Meaningful Conversations with Kids,” a parenting book with 27 five-star reviews on Amazon and endorsed by therapists, ministry leaders, and seminary professors.
Described as “grace-filled,” “practical,” and “wise,” Ellen will provide practical tools and safe-space to help both parents and youth grow in conversation as a family.
- Friday October 4, 6-9 PM: Conversation Encouraged: A Parent (grandparent/caregiver) workshop.
- Saturday October 5, 9 AM – 12 PM: Conversation Encouraged: A Youth Workshop (Grades 6-12)
- Sat. 12-1 PM: Lunch (provided)
- Sat. 1-2 PM: Games (youth grades 6-12 and parents)
- Sat. 2-5 PM: Conversation Encouraged: A Parent-Youth Workshop
This event will accept a love offering.
“A Life Shared: Meaningful Conversations with Kids,” will be available for purchase. $12.99 plus tax.